11/21/2016

WELCOME



Hello my readers,

As an English Philologist and future Secondary teacher in Spain, this PERSONAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT (PLE) is going to be used with academic purposes in order to practice in my ICT sessions during the Master's Degree from November 2016 to January 2017. Afterwards, you would also be able to find my memories on the internship period in a high school.

The main goal of this project is to help and contact to English teachers worldwide by offering them different resources and current education issues, as well as my own created materials based on a specific didactic plan (1 out of the 15 from my MA dissertation). 

This TEACHING UNIT (TU) here developed will be addressed at students in their last course of high school within the national education system (2º BACHILLERATO, in Spanish). Even though this fact, all the materials could be applied to any intermediate or high-intermediate English classroom. 


On the next lines you can find the sections in which my TU so called "Lost in the States" is divided. The first four areas correspond to the four blocks established by Conselleria d'Educació, all by myself I have added the last two in order to enhance my future students sociocultural knowledges.

  1. Listening comprehension skills > American VS. British; formal and informal contexts.
  2. Oral expression and interaction > Planning a trip, giving and asking for directions.
  3. Reading comprehension skills > Consulting American online travel guides.
  4. Writing expression and interaction > Journey diary (reflections on a trip).
  5. Culture, history and traditions > Thanksgiving celebration, American idioms.
  6. Grammar > Structures: "If only..."; "I wish I had..." 3rd conditional. 

Throughout all of them the use of ICT and dictionaries is highly recommended for success!


Thank you for reading, any suggestion for improvement will be accepted with open arms.


Mrs. Bacaicoa


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario